Wet N Wild Mega Protein Mascara
I’m not usually picky when it comes to mascara, in fact my favorite mascara is an Essence Lash Princess mascara that’s $4. However, when it comes to this WNW mascara, it is awful.
I picked it up hoping it would be another great inexpensive mascara (also because I didn’t have a mascara on me and didn’t want to spend money on one, haha), but it’s not. It feels greasy, maybe it’s the “protein”, and it doesn’t do much for my lashes. It actually clumps them up and makes them look sparse. Even though it stays feeling greasy, it does get hard to comb through which is how I’ve managed to get my lashes to look decent.
I’m trying to use this up, because I’m stubborn and because I hope it somehow becomes better. Once this is gone I’ll be sticking to my Essence mascara.
Mini Walmart haul
It’s been a while since I’ve been to a Walmart (we don’t have any conveniently near us) but I ran out of a couple of items so I took advantage and found one to go to.
I repurchased the Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer. Theywere out of Sand which is what I’ve been using so I grabbed one shade lighter to try out. I felt like sand was a little too dark anyway so I think this one will be good.
I was also repurchased the WetNWild Photofocus loose powder in Banana. This is hands down my favorite powder and yesterday I fianlly ran out, I even removed the plastic stopped to use up every last dust spec lol. I contemplated holding off on replacing this one since I have a few others to use up but I couldn’t resist it.
The WetNWild blush is an existing shade, Mellow Wine, that was repackaged in this Valentine’s Day packaging.
I grabbed the elf mascara for about $2 to give it a try and the highlighter was $5 I believe. I like the highlighter, it gives a nice golden glow without any glitter. The mascara is ok, I’ll have to keep testing it because it’s still too new and too wet to really decide how I feel about it.
I couldn’t resist the cute little Caboodles tote. I’m always looking for a convenient way to carry my motd through the house as I look for a comfortable place to apply it lol. It comes with several compartments for brushes and makeup products. It’s actually a nail kit tote but it works for this too. The center compartment comes out for easy cleaning.
The last (actually it was the very first lol) item I picked up was a cute fluffy sloth for my niece.
Colourpop Sandstone V2
Returning to work after a nice long break has thrown me off balance so today is the first day I’ve done a full face of makeup.
I’ve been wanting to revisit CP Sandstone since the color story is easy to use
For skincare, today I used:
- Fresh Sugar Strawberry Exfoliating Face Wash
- Saturday Skin Pore Clarifying Toner and Wide Awake Brightening Eye Cream
- FRUDIA Citrus Brightening Toner
- Fresh Kombucha Treatment Essence
- Dr Denese HydroShield Moisturizing Face Serum
- Tatcha Indigo Cream
- Dr Jardt+ Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment (works amazing for redness!)
I like to switch up my face wash, toner, essence serums and creams but I usually try to incorporate what I listed above.
For makeup I used:
- P Louise base in Rumour 2
- Colourpop Santstone palette (I indicted the colors used in the picture above)
- Natasha Denona Magic Primer
- Tatcha The Pearl in Soft Light
- Makeup Forever
- Anastasia Beverly Hills contour palette
- Elf putty blush in Bali
- Maybelline Fit Me Age Rewind Concealer in
- Laura Mercier Loose setting powder in Translucent
- Wet n Wild Photofocus Loose powder in Medium (my favorite!)
- KimChi Bronzer in
- Colourpop blush in Parakeet and highlighter in Made Me Do It
- Pat McGrath Dark Star Volumizing Mascara