Tag: bronze makeup
CP At Forest Site and Morphe Jaclyn Hill Vol II look
Today I really wanted to use the Raw Beauty Kristi Colourpop collab but I also really wanted to use the second Morphe Jaclyn Hill collab. Fortunately, the two compliment each other!
I pulled crease colors from the Jaclyn Hill palette and the lower lash line color.f
From the Colourpop palette, I pulled darker colors to add depth to the look and the lid colors.
I wanted to blend Evergreen into West Coast to the out end but West Coast was too yellow gold for what I wanted to i layered Evergreen on top instead.
Other products used:
- WetNWild Photofocus foundation dewy in Golden Beige. I usually go for matte but this has the perfect satin finish, not dewy at all!
- Maybelline age rewind in 120 light. I used to really like this but lately it’s been feeling dry on my skin
- Marc Jacobs Finish Line powder
- Doll 10 Popstar Peach. I usually use this under powder but I forgot and figured I’d try it over. I didn’t notice any affect on my foundation but it made for a much brighter blush when I layered a powder over it. This was a Jen Phelps, on YouTube, recommendation and it’s hands down one of the best formulas. In not sure how I feel about the scent though. It’s a nice, yummy vanilla but it feels weird applying it to my face. I haven’t noticed it affecting my skin though
- WetNWild Mellow Wine blush over to set (can skip two blushes but I don’t)
- Smashbox Cali Contour palette for bronzer/contour and highlight. I like but don’t love. I want to love this palette so I keep it around
- Urban Decay Horchata lipstick – the vice lipsticks were reformulated and the new ones are some of the most hydrating matte lipsticks I’ve tried
- WetNWild Brow Sessive in Medium Brown. This is $1.99 on Target’s website and Amazon. I’ve really been loving this pencil, it’s soft and blends is perfect for my needs – which is just to fill in and brush out
- Essence lash princess mascara – the purple one
Hope everyone has a happy Thursday
Colourpop Misunderstood Palette Look Vol III
This isn’t a palette that I look at and immediately have a look pop out at me but I’m always able to put together a look that I love.
This was a very simple look but the shimmers are so pretty and really pop.
I lightly packed Devious in the crease and blended up to the brow. I applied Sing to the outer V of my eyelid, Underworld to the center and Pain and Panic to the inner 1/3.
I used my fingers to apply the shimmers and then I took small brushes to softly blend the shimmers together.
I took a small fluffy brush and brushed back and forth in the crease, with no additional product, to blend the shimmers.
I went back and packed on a little more Devious to the outer V to bring back some depth.
What are your thoughts on this palette? What kind of look would you do or would you like to see next?